Letters from the Boys helped by Carmen Ministries
As you read these excerpts, you will see that these young men have such a desire to succeed. We can see them grasping for hope and wisdom. Their fear is always that they will fall back into sin and end up back in the system. Their biggest challenge is to find positive role models – someone they can turn to in their time of need.
Carmen Ministries’ goal is to continue to mentor them and to help them find the things in their lives that offer them encouragement and allow them to contribute positively to their communities.
Please continue to pray for them and for our ministry, so we are able to provide them with the skills they need to live productive, happy lives.
And our young men pray…
- Pray that I could be a King like David and not allow myself to sell myself short in life. Pray for me to have more faith in God and to learn to not put limitations on myself.
- I want you to pray for me when I get out to stay on the right track and not to get sucked back onto the streets and focus on my dreams.
- Pray for me to get a good job when I return home and to make sure I stay on the right track and don’t go back to the streets.
- My prayer is to be free and have a great life.
- To go home and do the right things and stay out of trouble.
- To be successful in life when I go home and make the right decisions.
- To be successful and to be a good man and a role model to my family.
The names in the letters from Carmen Ministries Mentees may have been omitted to provide anonymity. Every effort has been made to preserve the original intent of the message.