What we do
Carmen Ministries serves as a conduit between young men in correctional facilities and the community. Through Carmen Ministries, local churches and volunteers are provided opportunities and a structure to get involved – to make a difference in the life of a troubled young man.
Voluteers are needed to hold weekly Bible Studies, mentor, and participate in events.
Carmen Ministries Offers
- Training of Christian volunteers
- Resources to support its volunteers’ work
- Supervision of all activities
We believe the Bible is the inspired, authoritative Word of God. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return. We believe people receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life through a relationship with Jesus.
In addition to the “Statement of Faith” above, here are additional affirmations that are the foundation of Carmen Ministries:
- Prayer is the foundation of all we do.
- Every man is valued and loved by God, and we are called to love and value every man.
- Spiritual nurturing and growth are critical factors for permanent, positive change.
- Every man needs and deserves the opportunity to discover and to grow in God’s purpose.
- The local church is central to God’s plan of redemption and, therefore, is the wellspring from which all ministry flows.
- Men will participate in a healthy, loving family life as they are enfolded into a local community of believers.
- Ministry is relational. God will minister to and through called and gifted volunteers who will lovingly care for and nurture men. To that end, we will provide opportunities for believers to hear, obey and grow in God’s call to help men discover and grow in a deeper walk with Christ.
- Ministry is giving. You have a need to serve as well as to be served, to give as well as to take. Therefore, we will constantly seek opportunities for men to work and to contribute to the church and to society.
- Ministry is Love. As we model unconditional love, men discover God, see a true picture of themselves and learn effective life and leadership skills.